Kiambu Woman Representative Gathoni Wa Muchomba on Tuesday dropped a major hint concerning Gideon Moi’s 2022 Presidential bid.
Speaking in Tigoni, Kiambu County at the burial of fallen businessman and politician Nginyo Kariuki, Wa Muchomba hinted at a possible power shakeup as she throws support for the Baringo Senator Gideon Moi.
The woman rep disclosed that Mt Kenya leaders are ready to throw their support behind Gideon Moi come 2022.
“After the handshake, nilitafuta baba Nginyo kwa simu, nikamuuliza baba umeaona vile kumeendelea, Raila Odinga na Uhuru Kenyatta wamesalimiama, unaonaje? Twende wapi, tuifuate ama tusiifuate.”
“Akaniambia io wamesalimiana ni mzuri sana, lakini wewe kwa sababu wewe ni mrevu sana, angalia wale ambao wako hapo ndani ya io handshake. Akaniuliza unaona Gideon Moi kwa io handshake? Nikamjibu ndio. Akaniambia kama Gideon Moi yuko kwa io handshake ata wewe fuata.”
“Kwa hivyo Gideon Moi ujue sisi tumepatiwa ujumbe, sasa tunakuangalia. Jogoo ianze kuwika, ikiwika sisi tutakufuata.”
Wa Muchomba urged the Baringo Senator to steer the KANU party ahead and ensure that it is stable.
Her sentiments were echoed by Kiambu Governor Ndindi Nyoro who urged Gideon Moi to lead the party saying that most parties founded in the advent of multiparty politics had been rendered functionless.
The veteran Politician was eulogized as a champion for multiparty democracy an astute businessman.
Various political leaders such as ODM leader Raila Odinga, Baringo Senator Gideon Moi, ANC leader Musalia Mudavadi and former Justice and Constitutional Affairs Minister Martha Karua attended his burial.
Senator Gideon on his part eulogized Nginyo as an astute businessman and finished his speech with an assurance that his party was unshaken.
“He (Nginyo) was a golf legend, an astute businessman and a tactical politician. KANU iko. It will always be.” Gideon said.
President Uhuru Kenyatta who was set to attend the burial service failed to do so citing engagements in a meeting on tackling the Coronavirus menace.
The President was represented by the Attorney-General Paul Kihara Kariuki who read his condolence speech.
“The President was even dressed for this function to be with you and say fare thee well to his friend,” Kihara said.
Nginyo, a renowned businessman and a politician, participated in the formation of the TNA party which propelled President Uhuru Kenyatta to power in 2013.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (35,780)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (20,396)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (9,434)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,695)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (7,318)