The Independent Electoral Boundaries Commission (IEBC) stated it is unaware that ex-Nairobi Deputy Governor Polycarp Igathe resigned.
According to the electoral body, Igathe’s resignation is not recognized since it never received formal communication.
In 2018, Igathe announced that he had resigned as Nairobi County deputy governor claiming he had failed to win Governor Mike Sonko’s trust.
“Dear Nairobians, it is with a heavy heart that I resign my seat as elected Deputy Governor of Nairobi City County effective 1pm on 31st Jan 2018,” his resignation letter read.
“I regret I have failed to earn the trust of the Governor to enable me to drive Admin & Management of the county,” he added.
Igathe’s resignation shocked the county and led to a long journey for Nairobians who only saw the nomination of a deputy governor after Sonko was charged over graft.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (35,780)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (20,395)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (9,432)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,692)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (7,318)