Deputy President William Ruto on Thursday evening released a statement following DCI’s damning CCTV footage of former CS Rashid Echesa at the DP’s office.
Along with his statement, DP Ruto’s Chief of Staff Ken Osinde attached two letters that were written by Harambee Annex’s Head of Security concerning the deceased Sergeant Kipyegon Kenei.
The Head of Security, one Commissioner Joseph Rop, allegedly wrote to the DCI twice to report Sergeant Kenei’s absence from work.
“On February 20, Commissioner of Police Joseph Rop, who is in charge of security at Harambee Annex, reported the failure of Sergeant Kenei to report to the DCI headquarters to record a statement on February 19 and subsequent failure to report for duty on that day (Letter attached).
“The two letters were sent by the undersigned because of the seriousness of the matter and the obvious public interest and the office’s readiness to assist the DCI in the investigations,” the statement read in part.
Crooks and Cartels
The deputy president further labelled former CS Echesa and his accomplices in the fake arms deal as “crooks and cartels” who invaded his office.
“We appreciate efforts made by DCI to investigate the fraudulent access to the office of the Deputy President by crooks and cartels as well as investigations into the death of Sergeant Kipyegon Kenei.
“The entry into the office of the DP that was aided by some security officers was a breach of security,” the DP stated.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (35,764)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (20,387)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (9,432)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,689)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (7,315)