ODM leader Raila Odinga now says his proverbial Canaan has finally become a reality after President Uhuru Kenyatta removed hurdles that initially dogged the journey.
Raila said President Kenyatta removed the crocodiles that infested River Jordan and which for many years “blocked Kenyans from reaching the Biblical land of milk and honey.”
In the past, the former premier claimed the journey to Canaan had been rudely disrupted by hungry crocodiles.
Yesterday, Raila attributed the removal of the crocodile to his historic “handshake” and good working relationship with President Kenyatta.
“I want to reassure you and thank President Kenyatta for his intervention to clear the reptiles from the river to allow us reach the destination,” he said in Masat, Ugenya, during the burial of Kahawa Wendani (Kiambu County) MCA, Cyrus Omondi, who died in India.
Raila likened the unfolding Building Bridges Initiative (BBI) political discourse to the Ujamaa philosophy of former Tanzanian President Mwalimu Julius Nyerere.
“Nyerere brought Ujamaa in Tanzania and championed unity regardless of the Tanzanians’ diverse ethnicity. This is the foundation we want to build in Kenya,” he added.
Several Jubilee politicians from Kiambu, led by Governor James Nyoro and former governor William Kabogo, declared support for the BBI being driven by Raila and President Kenyatta.
The family of the late MCA demanded investigations into his death.
They had asked President Kenyatta and Raila to ensure the cause of death is established.
Omondi’s mother Millicent Achieng said she had forgiven any person who might have killed her son, while his brother Felix Otieno described him as a respectful and caring man.
“My brother was a devoted family man, a listener who was a good friend to many people,” he said.
Raila and Nyoro pledged to ensure the death was fully investigated.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (35,780)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (20,398)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (9,434)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,695)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (7,318)