Why DP Ruto and Wife Skipped Margaret Kenyatta’s Beyond Zero event
On Sunday, March 8, 2020, First Lady Margaret Kenyatta led Kenyans in her 5th Beyond Zero Half Marathon that was held in Nairobi city.
The event, garnering wide media attention, was held at the Nyayo National Stadium and attracted thousands of Kenyans who showed up to run various kilometer races.
According to the Office of the First Lady Kenya, this year’s event ensured continued support for the charitable organization’s advocacy in 9 critical areas affecting Kenyans.
“The intervention areas include zero maternal deaths, zero child death, a healthy lifestyle for the elderly, zero new HIV infections and zero child marriages. Others are zero Female Genital Mutilation (FGM), early screening for cancer, inclusion of persons with disability and better nutrition for all children.” read a statement on the official Facebook page of the First Lady.
However noble, some attention was take away from from the marathon as a section of Kenyans took to social media to question the absence of Deputy President William Ruto and his wife, Mrs. Rachel Ruto; considering President Uhuru Kenyatta, a host of politicians and dignitaries attended the marathon and even ran a distance.
“Mama Rachael has always graced the Beyond Zero Half Marathon by the First Lady Mama Margaret. She has been religiously present and offered prayers. Today she was conspicuously missing at Nyayo National Stadium. Just an honest observation,” wrote Philip Etale, the Communications Director in the opposition Orange Democratic Movement party.
This questions came amid queries if all is well in ruling Jubilee Party. In the past 4 Beyond Zero marathons, the Rutos attended the event with the Deputy President even participating in a 21km race that took him just a little over 2 hours to complete.
While tens of reasons were offered for the duo’s absence, Opera News can now reveal why they were not at the 2020 Beyond Zero Marathon.
His Excellency the Deputy President William Ruto was in Buuri Constituency, Kibirichia in Meru County attending a public function.
On the other hand, his wife, Mrs. Rachel Ruto was in church at the Faith Evangelistic Ministries Family Church in Karen where she is a faithful congregant.
Her Excellency is renowned for being prayerful in all instances and even prayed at a past Beyond Zero event before it kicked off.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (34,485)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (18,944)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (8,781)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,191)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (6,990)