Kinango MP Benjamin Tayari also confirmed his death.
Mr Dori died at Aga Khan Hospital in Mombasa on Monday morning.
The legislator died at Aga Khan Hospital in Mombasa Monday morning.
A relative, Shahame Azizi, said he passed on at around 5 am at the hospital where he has been receiving treatment for an undisclosed illness.
“I have received the news this morning. His body is at Aga Khan. We are making arrangements to be there,” Mr Tayari told the Nation.
Mr Dori’s death comes after he had gone silent for months and was not seen in public.
Close friends had told the Nation that the MP had disappeared from the public limelight because he was sick.
The Nation understands that it was just recently that he was seen back at public functions.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (35,202)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (19,767)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (9,133)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,436)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (7,167)