Ousted Kiambu governor Ferdinand Waititu has embraced KANU leader Gideon Moi during a meeting held at the late president Daniel Arap Moi’s Kabarak home on Friday, March 13.
Waititu was among hundreds of leaders from Mt. Kenya region who thronged Moi’s rural home to condole with the family following the demise of the former president who was laid to rest on February 12, 2020.
The former governor whose political star and fortunes have been dwindling ever since he was charged with corruption and subsequent ouster by the Senate used the occasion to declare his support for Gideon ahead of 2022 presidential race.
“I am not lost, when others get lost I make a u-turn and come back home. When here I know the needs of my people are well taken care of. Gideon put on your shoes. I Will walk around with you in Mt Kenya region. This a tsunami many will be swept,” said Waititu
The former Embakasi said he was a strong grassroots mobiliser who had demonstrated his prowess by supporting successful politicians such as President Uhuru Kenyatta.
He hailed Gideon as a great leader who has always been conducting his politics on clean platforms and protected his name against traces of corruption “unlike some known politicians”.
“I am a great foot soldier. Gideon you are a clean man, come we walk together. People will feel safe near you. I am safe near you. I am fighting lots of battles,” he added.
The vocal Jubilee politician who has been in Deputy President William Ruto’s camp that is opposed to the BBI report changed tune and declared full support for the initiative.
“I am here to declare support for BBI 100%. We must plan for our country and also strategise on how to win elections without chaos,” said the embattled leader.
Read the Original Article on Tuko.co.ke
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (35,204)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (19,772)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (9,134)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,436)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (7,167)