No study has proved that the virus will reduce men’s fertility or sexual potency.
But medics in Wuhan have suggested the likelihood that the disease can affect the production of sperm and the formation of male sex hormones.
Although the coronavirus mainly targets one’s lungs and immune system, it can, in theory, impair a man’s abilities to reproduce, according to Wuhan’s Tongji Hospital.
The comments were made by Prof Li Yufeng and his team at the hospital’s Centre for Reproductive Medicine.
According to the experts, the new coronavirus, known as SARS-CoV-2, enters human cells and causes tissue damage by binding its spike protein to cell membrane protein angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2).
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (35,204)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (19,773)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (9,135)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,437)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (7,167)