Nairobi,KENYA|President Uhuru Kenyatta has confirmed two more cases of the deadly coronavirus (COVID-19) in Kenya.
In a press conference at Harambee House, the President confirmed that the two the first patient.
The announcement comes barely three days since the first coronavirus case was confirmed in the country.
The first case was confirmed on a 27-year-old female student who traveled back to Nairobi from the United States via London, United Kingdom.
The World Health Organization (WHO) on Wednesday declared the outbreak of the virus a global pandemic.
Kagwe had announced that the government had effectively banned all public gatherings, adding that church services would be allowed to proceed as usual as long as congregants were provided with hand sanitizers.
He also announced that operators of public service vehicles had been directed to sanitize their vehicles regularly and provide hand sanitizers in all their vehicles.
Further, the CS warned traders against hiking the prices of food and medical supplies, and social media users against propagating alarming propaganda.
The President also ordered the closure of all schools across the country.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (35,204)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (19,777)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (9,136)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,437)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (7,167)