Enraged residents of Kangundo town in Kangundo Sub-county of Machakos county together with Kenyans on social media Saturday expressed displeasure after a video of a waiter in one of the hotels in the town was filmed beating an old woman.
The woman is said to have entered the Inn and Out hotel and sat without ordering anything.
Upon being asked what she was to be served, she said that she was waiting for her son who was yet to arrive.
An argument ensued between the woman and the waiter before she was pulled from her chair and thrown out on the floor.
The waiter then went ahead to tear the woman’s clothes before descending on her with beatings and kicks.
The man uses a whip to beat the old woman as two other women watch laughing as if enjoying the scene.
Kangundo residents have condemned the incident and called for the arrest of the waiter.
In an interview with some of residents, they threatened to stage demos if no action is taken against them.
“That’s so inhuman where do you get the courage to hit a woman old enough to be your mother. The law should take its course,” said Onesmus Mutie.
“If something is not done you don’t know if you’re the next victim. The police should arrest the excuse of a man who took advantage that the woman was old and helpless,” he added.
“Where did such people come from surely beating a helpless woman. We hope the suspect wont walk scot free,”said Mary Mbithi another resident.
“Hoteli uyu wi Kangundo, nuu ula uwisi? Uvungwe. Kii ni ni kiumo. Mama uyu ndailitwe kuvuwa uu. This man must be arrested! Who is the MCA and MP? Dr. Alfred Mutua this is what happened in Machakos.” Machakos business man job Nyumu asked Governor Mutua to act.
— Mauvoo News (@mauvoonews) March 15, 2020
“INN and out kangundo branch, customer is always right,how can u do this to her woman almost ur mother ati juu amekaa bure kwa hotel.” J bling de Kartest said.
The police have began investigations into the incident. Efforts to speak to the management of the hotel proved futile.
Read the Original Article on Mauvoo.com
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (34,560)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (19,061)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (8,829)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,218)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (7,017)