Panic grips several Kenyan MPs who travelled alongside fourth coronavirus patient in the London flight to Kenya.
According to a source by Alan Obiero, panic has gripped several Kenyan MPs who allegedly travelled alongside the an unidentified fourth coronavirus patient in the London flight back to Kenya.
In other news,Eldas MP Adan Keynan was asked to leave the parliament after MPs protested on Tuesday, March 17 over Coronavirus (Covid-19) fears.
The MPs demanded that Adan be removed after claims that he had just arrived from London. Over 35,000 cases of the virus have been confirmed in the United Kingsom so far.
National Assembly Speaker Justin Muturi ordered the MP to leave during the second sitting of the National Assembly.
Chairman of the education committee, Honourable Julius Melly was speaking when he was interrupted by Honourouble Andrew Mukosa
“The commissioner here [Adan Keynan] Honourable Speaker just arrived from London, and I would not be very comfortable with him here,” he provided.
Mukosa went on to state that Naomi Shaban had been asked to leave under similar circumstances the same day and the same procedure should be followed.
“Honourable Naomi Shaban was asked to leave, for the sake of the members of parliament, I ask the speaker that you ask the member to leave the chamber,” Mukosa implored.
Justifying his request, Mukosa stated that the Covvid-19 was a critical issue and everyone needed to play their part to keep the spread to a minimum.
“Health matters are very serious, self-quarantine and social distancing, please honourable speaker, these are very serious issues,” concluded Mukosa.
Speaker Muturi asked Keynan when he came back to the country to which the member replied that a significant length of time had elapsed since his return.
“I came back a long time ago,” Keynan defended himself.
The members of the house disputed the assertion and resorted to shouts and hollering while demanding that the member of parliament leave the house.
Speaker Muturi, while taking their concerns into consideration, echoed the call for members to implement the recommended Covid-19 safety measures.
“Indeed if there’s any other member who may have travelled recently, upon return, make sure you self-quarantine for 14 days,” requested Speaker Muturi.
The reported incident occurred during the additional procedural motion that was brought to the floor of the house by Majority Leader Aden Duale.
It was to address the Consideration of Nominee Appointment as Members of the TSC.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (34,560)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (19,065)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (8,829)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,219)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (7,017)