On Wednesday, President Uhuru Kenyatta once again addressed the nation on the government measures to deal with Coronavirus pandemic in the country.
And once again, Deputy President William Ruto was conspicuously missing, eliciting mixed reactions from Kenyans.
This is not the first time the DP has given President Kenyatta’s functions a wide berth.
It’s important to note that since the country confirmed the first Covid-19 case, Dr Ruto has kept off President Kenyatta-led meetings and addresses to the nation. This has left many wondering if the relationship between the duo has hit an all-time low.
Ordinarily, as the country’s second in command, the DP is expected to stand next to his boss especially when matters of national importance like Covid-19 are addressed.
As it has been in the past few addresses by the head of state, Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang’i has teachnically taken over Dr Ruto’s place, standing just behind the President.
The question probably in the minds of many Kenyans is: where is Ruto? And why does he skip President Kenyatta’s functions?
Credit: Magical News Kenya
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (35,761)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (20,380)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (9,427)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,685)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (7,313)