The government is now toying with an idea of completely shutting down public transport after some rogue industry players declined to adhere to new directives aimed at curbing the spread of Coronavirus.
Tough directives were issued after it became evident that public means of transport is one of the major weak links in fighting the menace.
Some operators have remained adamant even as the government ordered that 14 seater matatus should carry a maximum of eight passengers.
25seater vehicles were ordered to carry a maximum of 15 passengers while 30 seater vehicles and above are to maintain a sixty percent maximum of sitting capacity.
The looming ban is likely to happen in the next few days as relevant agencies monitor matatu operation pattern.
To illustrate the serious in the war against COVID 19 Kenya suspended all international flights as part of the measures of thwarting the spread of novel coronavirus.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,620)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (24,241)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,177)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,765)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (11,316)