VIDEO:Fistfights in Samburu as GSU officers storm Baragoi police station to rescue their colleagues
An Administration Police (AP) officer is nursing serious injuries after a contingent of officers from the General Service Unit (GSU) stormed Baragoi Police Station in Samburu demanding for the immediate release of their colleagues who had been arrested.
Authorities say police officers from Baragoi arrested seven GSU officers attached to MIP base in Baragoi for allegedly causing disturbance as they appeared drunk.
However, the seven GSU members were released soon after being identified but they refused to leave the station claiming they had no fare and that they were waiting for their lorry to come and pick them.
“After a short while as they claimed they were waiting for transport to be ferried to their camp, a contingent of GSU officers arrived onboard a lorry being armed with crude weapons, some in uniform others in civilian and started beating police officers indiscriminately,”
“In the process, Police Constable Thomas Mutinda who was on duty at the report office was seriously injured,” police said in a statement.
In the course of the incident, they disarmed the officer and used the same to shoot in the air creating fear and panic in the neighbourhood.
They later left the station and marched through the town shouting “Jeshi yetu” (our army).
The injured officer was taken to Baragoi Sub-county Hospital for treatment.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (34,502)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (18,964)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (8,789)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,194)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (6,995)