Chinese billionaire and Alibaba co-founder Jack Ma has made a second round of donations of protective and medical equipment to combat the coronavirus pandemic in African countries.
Jack Ma says the second donation will include 500 ventilators, 200,000 suits and face shields, 2,000 thermometers, 1 million swabs and extraction kits and 500,000 gloves.
The equipment will be shipped to Ethiopia’s capital Addis Ababa from where they will be distributed to the 54 African countries.
“Our second donation to 54 countries in Africa is on the way. That includes 500 ventilators, 200,000 suits & face shields, 2,000 thermometers, 1 million swabs & extraction kits and 500,000 gloves. Thank you @AbiyAhmedAli @flyethiopian @AfricaCDC @WFP for your partnership. Stay safe Africa!” said Jack Ma in a tweet on Monday.
Last month, the Chinese business mogul issued out a total of 1.1 million testing kits, 6 million masks and 60,000 medical use protective suits and face shields that were distributed among the 54 African nations.
Each African country received 20,000 testing kits, 100,000 masks and 1,000 medical use protective suits and face shields.
“We cannot ignore the potential risk to Africa and assume this continent of 1.3 billion people will blissfully escape this crisis. The world cannot afford the unthinkable consequences of a COVID-19 pandemic in Africa,” Jack Ma stated when he made his earlier donation.
He has also made similar donations to other region across the world including the United States of America, Europe and Asia.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (34,599)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (19,139)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (8,859)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,226)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (7,038)