Following reports on Tuesday evening about 17 legislators and several parliamentary staff who have allegedly tested positive for coronavirus, Senators have been in a rush to save themselves unveiling their results on Covid-19 diagnosis on their social media.
Led by Narok Senator, Ledama Olekina on Tuesday evening penned in his social and illustration of him undergoing a test on Covid-19 informing the public that he has received his result which has tested negative.
“I have received my #COVID19 results and I am happy to report that the PCR INFECTION DISEASES SARS-COV-2 or #CoronaVirus were not detected. I encourage everyone who can to stay at home, maintain physical distance and wear a mask at all time. We shall triumph. I thank the good lord!” Ledama penned.
His counterpart Siaya Senator James Orengo has also followed suit informing the public that he took a voluntary Covid-19 twist on Friday putting in that the results were directly conveyed to him testing Negative of the disease.
“I took a voluntary COVID-19 test on Friday last week. The result was directly conveyed to me in person by a doctor. Tested Negative. It is my civic duty to continue complying with guidelines. It’s not a matter of choice. At the same time, parliament cannot abdicate. Chew gum &walk,” Orengo revealed.
According to reports, the 17 lawmakers who are claimed to have tested positive had their names submitted last week for testing to the Ministry of Health by the National Assembly clerk Michael Sialai.
Their names are among over 52 Senate components together with National lawmakers who had received their tests from the Ministry of Health last week after undertaking a volitional test.
Some are claimed to have come into contact with Kilifi Deputy Governor Gideon Saburi who had tested positive of the Coronavirus disease.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (34,493)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (18,951)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (8,783)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,192)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (6,992)