Kenyans working for the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) at Port Reitz now say that the Chinese counterparts are mistreating them, accusing them of spreading Covid-19.
Kenyans who spoke to Kahawa Tungu say that the buses that ferry them to and from work have had their windows sealed, “so that they do not infect the Chinese” with the virus.
The cargo department has been working since the suspension of Madaraka Express, since most of the cargo is classified as essential.
All staff at work have to be in masks,eyes glasses and gloves during working hours and the full gear of personal protective equipment (PPE) for the Covid-19, a measure that is not applied against the Chinese.
The workers are now calling for fair treatment.
They say that putting them in a sealed bus is riskier and could spread the disease easily.
Source : Kahawa Tungu.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (35,787)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (20,404)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (9,440)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,698)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (7,321)