Parents whose children will be found roaming aimlessly in Kitale Town, estates and villages will be arrested and taken to quarantine centers at their own costs, the government has warned.
In a statement, Trans Nzoia County Children Coordinator Aston Maungo said there was urgent need for parents to play their roles of social intervention in addressing the influx of children in the streets during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Speaking to the People Daily during a meeting with stakeholders in Kitale, Maungo said the number of the street children had shot up from the initial 240 to over 600 at present, majority of them being boys.
“The large presence of the street children is adding up the street dwellers threatening an imminent spread of the corona virus. This non response from parents is taking us into making decisions that may have far reaching implications including jailing their parents,” said Maungo.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,620)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (24,241)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,177)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,765)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (11,316)