Nigerian Pastor Tests Positive For Coronavirus After Praying For Dead Patient’s Recovery
Two children of a deceased COVID-19 patient in Rivers and a pastor praying for his recovery have contracted the deadly virus.
NIGERIA: Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike announced on Friday that a pastor had tested positive for Coronavirus after praying for a deceased COVID-19 patient in the state.
Governor Wike, who disclosed this while giving update on efforts by the state government to contain the pandemic, revealed that two children of the deceased also tested positive for the virus.
He blamed security operatives deployed to enforce border closure of sabotaging the efforts, accusing them of receiving gratification to allow people into the state.
The governor vowed the borders would enforce be tightened with the inauguration of a Task Force of on Border Closure comprising of Rivers indigenes. He said:
“The logical conclusion therefore is that the pattern of transmission of COVID-19 in the state is evidentially predicated on outside importation just as the rate of infection and progression is also relatively low and arithmetical when considered from the date of the index case.”
“Generally, we believe that unless there is a sudden and vertical slide into community transmission, we expect our COVID-19 infection and prevalent rate to continue along this low trajectory, which gives us the assurance that our hard work is paying off and Rivers State is certainly not in any dangerous position when compared to most states, and we will never be by God’s special grace.
“This is not to say that we are at the peak of this crisis and that everything about the containment and transmission of COVID-19 was under control.”
“For instance, the 7th infected case was an offshore oil and gas worker who went and passed a night in a Lagos hotel before returning to Port Harcourt on the 9th of April 2020 with the aid of the security personnel manning our borders.
“When his symptoms started, he was admitted to a private hospital, (St. Martin’s Hospital) on the 20th and discharged on the 21st of April 2020.
“Had the security agencies not compromised their responsibility at the borders, this man would have been prevented from coming into Port Harcourt with this virus and threaten the lives of other people for over two weeks before he was evacuated to the treatment center.”
Credit : Kanyi Daily
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (34,503)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (18,966)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (8,789)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,194)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (6,996)