Chinese ambassador to Israel ‘found dead at home
China’s Ambassador to Israel, Du Wei, has died in his apartment in a suburb of Tel Aviv, Israeli media report.
Mr Du, 58, was found dead in his bed and the cause of his death has not yet been reported.
The Chinese Ambassador to Israel Du Wei was found dead in his Herzliya home on Sunday morning, a Foreign Affairs Ministry official confirmed. Police are currently in his home and investigating.
The Chinese embassy, however, said that it cannot confirm the reports as of yet.
The 58-year-old ambassador was a husband and father to a boy. His family are not in the country with him. He arrived in Israel to hold the position of ambassador in February. He had served as Chinese ambassador to Ukraine before that.
He had written an article for The Jerusalem Post a few days prior to his death about the resilience of the Chinese and Israeli people alike.
He was only appointed ambassador in February having previously served as China’s envoy to Ukraine.
This is a Developing Story
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (34,359)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (18,762)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (8,712)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,156)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (6,957)