Outspoken Jubilee Party Vice-Chair David Murathe is no doubt an ardent critic of Deputy President William Ruto and for sure he will hardly deliver a piece of good news to his deputy party leader.
A report by the Standard has yet again delivered another bad news to DP Ruto after it indicated that the DP’s fate in the ruling party is as good as sealed.
According to Murathe, the DP might contest for Presidency come 2022 but one thing he must keep in mind is that he will not use the Jubilee Party as his political vehicle.
“Jubilee vice-chairman David Murathe reveals that the President is against the plan to oust his Deputy, but declares William Ruto will not get the party’s ticket for 2022,” reads in part the report by the Standard.
The revelations come in the wake of ongoing purge in Jubilee Party targeting allies of DP Ruto as President Uhuru Kenyatta aims at solidifying his control at the party.
Already Senator Kipchumba Murkomen, an ally of the DP, has been ousted as majority leader together with his Nakuru counterpart Susan Kihika who was sacked as the majority chief whip after President Uhuru sanctioned the Senate PG meeting at Statehouse.
The two were replaced with KANU Senator Samuel Poghisio and Jubilee’s Irungu Kang’ata respectively.
According to Murathe, the recent party changes aim at restoring respect to the party leader which had deteriorated due to rebel leaders allied to DP Ruto.
He said Ruto had been using his proxies to challenge President Uhuru in the past until last week during the Senate PG meeting at State House.
“Ruto was at his Karen home calling Senators and telling them to skip a PG meeting called by the party leader, this is insubordination of the highest degree,” said Murathe regarding the role of the DP in the move by his allies to boycott President’s meeting.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,284)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (23,917)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,058)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,638)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (10,930)