Darnella Frazier, 17, said she is traumatized after witnessing the death of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis police officers.
“I seen him die,” a tearful Frazier said. “And everybody’s asking me how do I feel. I don’t know how to feel. Cuz, it’s so sad, bro.”
The young lady told her story to NowThis days after the fatal incident.
According to the teen, she was walking to the store with her cousin when she saw the interaction between Floyd and MPD. “They killed that man! And I was right there! I was like five feet away! It’s so traumatizing.”
Frazier’s mom told TMZ that her daughter is already suffering from social anxiety and has been besieged by media attention and attacks on social media.
People have even said that the teen should have done “more” to help Floyd.
She responded in a Facebook post, “I’m a minor!” Frazier wrote, “Of course I’m not about to fight a cop I’m SCARED wtf. Fighting would’ve got someone else killed or in the same position as George.”
The teen goes on to say that if it were not for her video, the police may have gotten away with killing Floyd.
“Instead of bashing me, THANK ME!” she wrote, “Because that could’ve been one of your loved ones and you would want to see the truth as well.”
Some people have put for the narrative that Frazier only posted the video for attention or money. She has vehemently denied that.
The 17-year-old should be being celebrated as a hero, instead, she is being victimized by internet trolls and critics.
Darnella Frazier captured the viral video of George Floyd being pinned to the ground by Minneapolis police officer, Derek Chauvin. She posted her video to her Facebook page and it quickly spread, bringing international attention to the tragic case. Her voice, along with other bystanders, is heard pleading with the officers to let Floyd up from the ground.
The incident and the eight-plus minute video has sparked outrage around the world.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (35,778)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (20,394)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (9,432)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,690)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (7,318)