Confusion as Kenya’s delegation to Tanzania for Late Benjamin Mkapa’s funeral is forced to make mid-air return to Nairobi
The plane was turned back shortly after entering Tanzanian airspace in Arusha region
A plane carrying a delegation sent to represent President Uhuru Kenyatta at the funeral of Tanzanian President Benjamin Mkapa was on Tuesday forced to make a mid-air turn back Nairobi under unclear circumstances.
The plane was reported to be carrying a number of Kenyan government officials who were led by Senate Majority Leader Samuel Poghisio.
Tanzania’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Palamagamba Kabudi told mourners at Mkapa’s funeral that the plane was turned back in Monduli in Arusha region after it encountered bad weather.
However, Kenya’s Foreign Affairs PS Macharia Kamau gave a contradictory explanation and said the plane had developed mechanical challenges.
Mkapa’s funeral service was held at the Uhuru stadium in Dar es Salaam.
More follows @Pulselive.co.ke
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,620)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (24,242)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,178)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,765)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (11,316)