By Dominic Kirwa.
Koitalel Arap Samoei was the leader of the Nandi community during the colonial period. His leadership was based on the interest of the Nandi people.He fought for them for 11 good years leading them in colonial rule resistance
However his loyalty of fighting for the Nandi community led one of them to betray him to the colonial government.He was later on Killed in 1905 by a British governor.
Before his death, Koitalel Arap Samoei made a prophecy about the Nandi community he told them that
“Kiaro tuindo eng mbaret ab Nandi eng Kenyishek bokol atia ageer asis ne kimaang akolil mbaret kai yee tageere maroo missing Kolildoi”
According to his prophecy, he saw the darkness in the Nandi land for about 100 years.After Hundred years ,he later on saw a light which started lighting the land, but he never concentrated much on the light but its lighting.
This prophecy was interpreted in reference to the Nandi leadership, which he said they will live without a leader for 100 years.After 100 years, a leader will emerge and lead them again.
Hope no one will betray this leader again because we don’t need another 100 years of suffering.
Koitalel is remembered historically for being wise and tactical in leading the Nandi though he died long time ago his legacy still stand to the Nandi community.
Read the Original From Opera News Hub
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (34,359)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (18,765)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (8,714)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,156)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (6,958)