Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) leader Raila Odinga got misunderstood over his sentiments on the Revenue Allocation Formula
Speaking on Monday to Daily Nation, ODM Chairman John Mbadi pointed out that Raila Odinga did not support the contentious revenue sharing formula.
He denied these claims mostly from Coast region leaders who accused the African Union Representative for betraying them.
Mbadi revealed that Raila does not support the formulas which will see marginalized counties lose millions of money from the national government.
According to Mbadi, the former Prime Minister wanted the senate to factor in ways through which marginalized regions will be cushioned after losing millions.
“I think Kenyans need to be educated on what Raila said. He did not support a formula which will see marginalised counties lose but he was categorical in faulting the senators for failing to factor in the recommendations by Commission on Revenue Allocation (CRA) on how these counties will be cushioned, a matter which the Finance Committee, chaired by Kirinyaga Senator Charles Kibiru ignored,” Mr Mbadi said as quoted by Daily Nation.
However on Monday, Mr. Odinga argued the senate to adopt the recommended formula for the next five years. He noted that the country will do much better if the formula is adopted.
Leaders from marginalized counties felt this was a way to deny them a lot of millions for developing their regions.
Leaders from the Coastal region lashed at Odinga and threatened to walk out from ODM citing betrayal from their leader.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,307)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (23,939)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,062)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,649)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (10,982)