Detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) have arrested three of their colleagues from the Special Service Unit (SSU) who robbed suspects at a gas company in Machakos county.
The three suspects, according to the DCI, had conducted a raid at Baraka Gas Company on Friday, July 31, after being tipped off illegal filling of gas cylinders during curfew hours. The trio, however, turned rogue during the raid.
They intercepted the company’s surveillance car which they used to gain access to the premise.
“Having been tipped of the said company illegally and unprocedurally refilling cylinders from various gas companies behind locked doors after curfew hours, the team of three constables; William Mutua, Henry Maitai and Jonathan Sankale organised and executed a raid on the facility,” the DCI said.
After entering the compound, the officers confiscated phones from all employees before wiring KSh 370,000 into their accounts via M-Pesa.
The money was channelled to a till number, an agent number and two Safaricom lines the that were later traced back to them (rogue officers). “Intercepting the company’s surveillance car (a Toyota Probox) where on board was the manager, the officers gained entry to the facility where they confiscated mobile phones of all workers moments before the business owner called the manager seeking to talk to the officers.
A total of KSh 370,000 was transferred to a M-Pesa till number, an agent number and two Safaricom lines in various locations, all which were traced back to the suspects,” the DCI explained.
The three were disarmed and will be arraigned after completion of investigations.
Having been tipped of the said company illegally and unprocedurally refilling cylinders from various gas companies behind locked doors after curfew hours, the team of three constables; William Mutua, Henry Maitai & Jonathan Sankale organized and executed a raid on the facility.
— DCI KENYA (@DCI_Kenya) August 4, 2020
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (56,992)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (47,226)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (25,628)
- Aboy who “returned” Jalango’s… November 6, 2021 Mboya shot to fame after he "refunded"the aforementioned amounts that… (20,498)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (17,749)