Reliable sources have yet again revealed clandestine night meeting between ODM Party leader Raila Odinga, Agriculture Cabinet Secretary Peter Munya, COTU Secretary-General Francis Atwoli and Uhuru Kenyatta’s point man David Murathe.
According to reports, the meeting between the four leaders went on upto 9 pm as they discussed the possibilities of rolling out the BBI referendum amidst the COVID-19 pandemic and the coming cabinet reshuffle.
Agriculture Cabinet Secretary Peter Munya hails from the vote-rich Mount Kenya region and he is among the top leaders who have been tasked with the role of popularising the BBI agenda to the children of Mũmbi Muthiga, Ameru, Embu.
Earlier meeting at Atwoli’s place.
During the meeting, our mole also gathered how Odinga briefed the other three leaders regarding the approaches they are planning to undertake to ensure the BBI agenda passes through unscathed.
First, Uhuru and Odinga believe for BBI to sail through there are those issues that will require an Executive action, others will require Legislative action through Bills in parliament and finally, other changes can be made through a popular vote initiative better known as a referendum.
These details come in hours after Murathe while addressing the media separately urged Kenyans to prepare for a Raila Odinga presidency in 2022. He said Kenyans should reward Odinga with the presidency.
“We think its time Kenya’s should reward the years of struggle of Raila Odinga. They owe it to him. Its like Mandela in 1994. 2022 will be another Mandela moment in Kenya. Odinga will be a transitional President who will nurture other young leaders to take up the mantle from 2027,” said Murathe.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (35,203)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (19,768)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (9,134)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,436)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (7,167)