The race to take over the leadership mantle from president Uhuru Kenyatta continues to heat up with each passing day with political leaders making serious inroads and highly calculated political moves to be in a good political position
With Orange democratic movement (ODM) leader widely expected to earn president Uhuru Kenyatta’s political endorsement in 2022 as his successor, many politicians are joggling to place themselves in Strategic positions to be able to negotiate something out for their region on the political table
Among the regions expected to take centre stage in the 2022 president Uhuru succession game plan is the central Kenya region with the president’s retirement leaving a huge gap that has attracted a lot of candidates from the
Mt Kenya region who are keen to take over from Kenyatta and lead the populous region.
Among those who have come out to express interest in the top seat are former ministry of Agriculture cabinet secretary Mwangi Kiunjuri who has since formed The Service Party (TSP), second term Murang’a County governor Mwangi Wa Iria who has since launched a presidential Campaigns secretariat and former Gatanga constituency MP Peter Kenneth just to mention a few
However, all these candidates may just be in for a rude shock in their aspirations to succeed president Uhuru Kenyatta as the Mt Kenya political Kingpin after a major declaration by Jubilee Party vice chairperson David Murathe during an event at the home of Agriculture cabinet secretary Peter Munya
The Standard reports that Murathe has surprisingly named the former Meru governor as the person who will succeed president Kenyatta as the undisputed Mt Kenya region Kingpin citing his experience and consistency in supporting the Uhuru Kenyatta adminstration
Speaking at the initiation event of the cabinet Secretary’s son Karauni Munya, Murathe declared that Munya is the best placed politician to lead the Mt Kenya region going forward in a move that will most likely send tongues wagging considering the many other candidates who had already expressed interest to take over from Uhuru
Murathe’s elevation of the former Meru governor marks a meteorical rise and shine of the politician who narrowly lost out in the Meru Gubernatorial elections to current governor Kiraitu Murungi with president Uhuru Kenyatta hastily naming him to his cabinet.
When contacted to shed more light on the event, the CS indicated that the event – which was also attended by ODM leader Raila Odinga – was a political meeting which he had invited his friends to attend with strict conformity to the current ministry of health COVID-19 containment measures.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (34,368)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (18,775)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (8,717)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,156)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (6,958)