Leaked Details Reveal How DP Ruto Secretly Meets With Cabinet Secretaries
A local daily on Sunday, 30 August revealed that so unwanted is Deputy President William Ruto in President Uhuru Kenyatta’s government that no top government official wants to be associated or openly seen with him. However,sources reveal that top government officials including cabinet secretaries have come up with new tricks of associating with Ruto .
Ruto has been having it rough in government since Uhuru’s 2018 truce with ODM leader Raila Odinga, which has pushed him out, to an extent that he is now having to remind Kenyans that he is the DP.
Details have revealed that high-ranking state officials, including Cabinet Secretaries, have been avoiding being seen with him, including refusing to visits his offices or functions.
According to sources who spoke to The Sunday Standard others who have to interact with him have had to use WhatsApp or other secret means to avoid being detected.
The officials, especially Cabinet Secretaries, according to the sources, have not only been avoiding his Karen residence, but his Harambee Annex offices as well. But at the same time, CSs have been seen meeting Raila at his offices, which political analyst Javas Bigambo says is a historical change of roles, where the opposition leader is so close to the government than the president’s assistant.
“What we are seeing is a new phenomenon where part of the government is in the opposition and the opposition is supporting the government. It is unseen,” he told the paper.
While he has now began complaining about his woes in Jubilee, Ruto has been very careful not to directly blame Uhuru, blaming his (Uhuru) handlers instead. Though Uhuru seems like the genesis of his troubles, Ruto has maintained that the problems he has to deal with are being sent his way by “conmen, busybodies and brokers” who have hijacked Jubilee.
He has named Jubilee Party Vice Chair David Murathe as one of the culprits. Murathe doubles up as a very close confidant of Uhuru, who has been declaring that Ruto will not realize his 2022 presidential bid.
The DP however during a meeting in Mombasa on Saturday told supporters of Raila Odinga with the Jubilee party to pack and leave .This indicating that the DP is not ready to leave the Jubilee party easily without fighting.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (34,493)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (18,948)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (8,782)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,192)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (6,990)