Giant lending company, Tala Loans has resumed lending albeit secretly.
Clients who checked their apps were however passed through a rigorous re-orientation and a plethora of questions so as to test their suitability to take loans.
“Apply now for your pre-approved loan”, said the welcoming message. “We’re excited to have you back and look forward to partnering with you to help reach your financial goals”.
The loans are however of a lower limit according to clients who spoke to kenyanbusinessfeed.com even as Tala had warned.
“Please note that due to Covid your loan limit may be lower from your previous Tala loan. Changes to your limit aren’t permanent and your limit can increase with on time repayment”.
In the new arrangement for getting a loan facility, Tala has increased the number of questions they ask their clients.
The questions range from frequency of income, amount of income, amount one pays for rent and foodstuffs, and the usual question whether someone has a loan elsewhere, etc.
In March clients who repaid their loans were shocked when they were blocked from accessing a new facility.
Tala had temporarily shut down its operations due to the prevailing economic slow-down occasioned by Covid-19 pandemic and the waiver of Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) listing for 90 days.
“We direct the temporary suspension of listing on CRB of any persons, micro, small, medium entities and corporate entities whose loan account fall due or is in arrears effective, April 1, 2020,” President Uhuru Kenyatta had said in March.
Tala seems to have taken advantage of the expiry of the ban on CRB listing to restart issuing loans.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (34,361)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (18,771)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (8,715)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,156)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (6,958)