Safaricom services to be unavailable weekend for several hours
A mobile subscriber uses two smart phones to share information.
Safaricom has warned its customers to expect service interruption on Saturday night and Sunday morning for several hours due to a planned system maintenance.
The maintenance is expected to affect millions of customers on its network, from Saturday April 24, at 10 pm and Sunday April 25, at 9 am.
In a notice, the telecommunications company said the interruption will affect SIM swap, all airtime top-up, tariff migration and activation of new lines for at least 10 hours.
All other services including calls, data, M-Pesa, and SMS will remain available during the maintenance period.
“All calls, M-Pesa, internet and data, and SMS services shall remain available for the entire duration of maintenance,” said Safaricom.
“The timing of the maintenance activity has been planned to result in the least of inconvenience to our customers,” part of the notice read.
The service provider further apologised to its customers for any inconvenience that might be caused.
“We are sorry for any inconveniences.”
It added that upgrading of its systems was meant to increase its capacity in line with customer growth and to support innovation to meet the different needs of its subscribers.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (34,361)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (18,771)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (8,715)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,156)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (6,958)