– UEFA says all 12 clubs who signed up for the formation of the European Super League will be punished
– President of the body Aleksander Ceferin however suggested that the English teams involved will get lenient punishment
– The announcement came just days after all the six EPL clubs involved confirmed their withdrawal from the arrangement
– Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Juventus are the only teams yet to officially pull out
UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin has assured that all 12 clubs which announced a breakaway Super League will be punished severely, further branding three of the clubs yet to withdraw as ‘Flat-Earthers.’
Tension for Chelsea, Real Madrid, Man City as UEFA president releases statement over all 12 Super League clubs
Aleksander Ceferin suggested that the English teams involved will get lenient punishment. Photo: Richard Juilliart.
In his reaction, Ceferin also hinted that the so-called ‘Bix Six’ Premier League teams might get reduced punishment for pulling out first.
Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, and Liverpool all withdrew from the competition following uproar by fans of the respective clubs.
Jurgen Klopp Angrily Blasts Liverpool Stars as Top-four Hopes Suffer Blow After Draw vs Newcastle
Ceferin compared Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Juventus to ‘flat Earthers’ after they tried to cling on to the idea of the Super League, even after Atletico Madrid, AC Milan, and Inter Milan also pulled out.
“But for me, it’s a clear difference between the English clubs and the other six. They pulled out first, they admitted they made a mistake. You have to have some greatness to say: ‘I was wrong’ Mirror UK quoted Ceferin saying.
“For me there are three groups of this 12 — the English Six, who went out first, then the other three [Atletico Madrid, AC Milan, Inter] after them and then the ones who feel that Earth is flat and they think the Super League still exists,” the UEFA chief added.
Ceferin’s warning came just days after Real Madrid president Florentino Perez vowed to continue with the Super League plans.
Perez, who played an important role in the formation of the tournament further insisted those who had announced withdrawal are still legally bound to the competition.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (34,358)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (18,762)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (8,710)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,156)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (6,957)