The Senator of Siaya County, James Orengo and his Member of Parliament Counter parts from the area, were forced to flee a function they were attending. This was after chaos erupted at the venue and stones as well as seats were seen hurled into the air at the event.
It is believed that a rivalry between two Siaya Politicians was the cause of the fracas in the function. Also in attendance at the function was Aduma Owuor the Member of Parliament for Nyakach.The Member of Parliament for Rarieda, Otiende Amollo who was also there had to flee the scene. Youths in the area started fighting amongst each other as alliances were drawn.
This comes in the wake of divisions in the top leadership of the Orange Democratic Movement party. James Orengo wants more changes done to the Building Bridges Initiative, BBI, report that’s currently being tabled in Parliament.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (35,689)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (20,322)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (9,394)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,655)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (7,297)