On Wednesday night, some gunmen stormed a police station, killed two police inspectors before releasing all detainees at the station. Before leaving, the armed men set ablaze the station.
According to the Anambra state police command spokesman, DSP Ikenga Tochukwu, the armed men attacked the Obosi police station in Idemili North local government area of Anambra state.
According to an eyewitness, the group of gunmen stormed the station at around 11.00pm. The source also revealed that the two police inspectors were killed inside a non-functional a filling station near the police station.
On noticing the unusual activity of the gunmen, other police officers on duty took to their heels saving their lives. This gave the attacker a free time to do as they wished at the police station.
It still remains unclear why the attackers stormed the police station and committed this unusual crime.
More so, the attackers have remained unknown as the police commerce investigations into this matter. No arrests have been made so far.
This incidence has created fear among residents who now fear for the lives as the armed attackers might start aiming residents who don’t have weapons to defend themselves.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (56,992)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (47,226)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (25,628)
- Aboy who “returned” Jalango’s… November 6, 2021 Mboya shot to fame after he "refunded"the aforementioned amounts that… (20,498)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (17,748)