It is not a secret that there is trouble inside the Orange Democratic movement (ODM) party paradise as two camps have openly come forward, one camp is led by Siaya senator James Orengo, Rarieda constituency member of parliament Otiende Amollo among other politicians. On the other hand, Junet Mohamed, John Mbadi and Opiyo Wandayi seem to be pulling in the opposite direction.
And now, The Sunday Standard reports that Siaya senator James Orengo may be warming up to dump the ODM party in the run up to the 2022 general elections after growing disillusioned with how the party is run and its position on the BBI bill.
The report suggests that due to the fact ODM is split especially over the 2022 politics and subsequent succession of Raila Odinga as the Nyanza region political kingpin, Orengo may find it hard to get the party ticket for the Siaya county senatorial seat which is speculated to likely go to Ugunja member of parliament Opiyo Wandayi.
As a result, it is reported that Orengo may be preparing to dump ODM and join The Movement for democracy and Growth (MDG), a party that is fronted by Ugenya member of parliament David Ochieng’ .
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (34,596)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (19,132)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (8,856)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,225)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (7,037)