Paul Merson Says: Edinson Cavani contract extension at Man Utd is no-brainer
Plus: Merson says Chelsea learned a valuable lesson in their 2-1 victory against Man City at the weekend ahead of their Champions League final showdown; watch Chelsea vs Arsenal on Wednesday (kick-off 8.15pm) and Man Utd vs Liverpool on Thursday (kick-off 8.15pm) on Sky Sports
15:12, UK, Tuesday 11 May 2021
Edinson Cavani celebrates after scoring Manchester United's second goal against Roma
Paul Merson says it’s a no-brainer for Man Utd to keep Edinson Cavani after the striker extended his stay at Old Trafford.
The 34-year-old, who moved to Old Trafford on a free transfer from Paris Saint-Germain last October, signed a new one-year extension on Monday after helping United into the Europa League final and second place in the Premier League.
So, in his latest skysports.com column, the Magic Man provides his verdict on the Cavani deal and where Chelsea may need to improve ahead of a potential title challenge next season.
Elsewhere, Merson also looks ahead to what the weekend’s result might mean for the Champions League final on May 29, and the potential problems Guardiola and his side face before the end of the season….
‘No-brainer for Man Utd to keep Cavani’
Edinson Cavani continued his goalscoring form for Man Utd at Aston Villa and we know what a top player he is.
When he came to England, he’d played for Paris Saint-Germain and played at the top level for a number of years. Also, he’s a top Uruguay international who has done well for his country at World Cups.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (34,352)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (18,755)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (8,710)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,155)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (6,955)