Kenyan lawyer Paul Gicheru’s goon seemed to have been cooked after the International Criminal Court Chief Prosecutor Fatou Bensouda gave the Hague based court reasons on why Gicheru should be prosecuted.
The Standard reveals that Bensouda claimed that in deed Gicheru was used by Deputy President William Ruto and Radio Journalist Joshua Arap Sang to bribe witnesses against testing from the 2007/2008 post election violence cases of the duo.
Bensouda added that the witnessed were ordered cash to withdraw their positions as witnessed with some of them even changing their homes.
Gicheru became the talk of town in November last year after he voluntarily surrendered to the ICC after an arrest warrant was issued, when the court was unable to trace him for the last five years.
“It is unsurprising since the modus operandi of Gicheru and his associates was to leverage the intermediaries’ knowledge of prosecution witnesses to target and corruptly influence them. Then, in turn, these corrupted witnesses were used to target other witnesses known to them. The inevitable result is that many of the targeted witnesses knew each other,” Fatou Bensouda claimed in court papers.
She went on to state that some of the witnesses met with Ruto and Sang in a public meeting where they publicly criticized the Second in Command.
She added that one of the witnesses identified by court number as P-0397 received threats from Gicheru, and is allegedly among those who withdrew form the case after receiving huge amounts of money.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (35,788)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (20,405)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (9,441)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,698)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (7,321)