Justice Mwita Speaks on Suing President Uhuru After Court Declares This on BBI
The High Court of Kenya this evening continues with the petitions filed against the Constitutional amendment Bill, Building Bridges Initiative(BBI).
Speaking during the hearing of the petitions where Kenyans anticipate to get a ruling on the fate of the BBI referendum, different judges have continued to weigh in their thoughts.
High Court Judge Justice Chacha Mwita has spoken on sueing President Uhuru Kenyatta after it was determined that the BBI bill was initiated by the President initiated and not by either parliament or popular initiative in accordance to the Constitution.
“The other question that deserves attention and which we thought should be determined as a preliminary issue is whether Mr Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta can be sued in his personal capacity and not as the President of the Republic of Kenya,” Justice Chacha Mwita said.
Justice Mwita has stated that President Uhuru Kenyatta can be sued personally if he acts outside The Constitution of Kenya or does anything in disregard of the The Constitution of Kenya and not as President.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (34,363)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (18,773)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (8,716)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,156)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (6,958)