Moses Kuria has revealed a secret deal that President Uhuru Kenyatta offered to Wiper leader, Kalonzo Musyoka, in 2013.
Gatundu South Member of Parliament, Moses Kuria, has revealed a secret deal that President Uhuru Kenyatta offered to Wiper leader, Kalonzo Musyoka, in 2013.
Speaking on Wednesday, September 22, Kuria revealed that he was part of a team privately commissioned by President Uhuru and Deputy President William Ruto to court Kalonzo to join them ahead of the hotly contested polls.
In part of the deal, President Uhuru offered the Wiper leader a third of the government share if he agreed to join his side with DP Ruto.
“Do you know Uhuru Kenyatta offered Kalonzo a third of government in 2013 which was not even commensurate to what he was bringing on the table,” stated Kuria.
The Gatundu South MP said that Kalonzo turned down the deal and instead joining the Coalition for Reforms and Democracy (CORD), an alliance between his party and the Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) under the leadership of former Prime Minister Raila Odinga.
Under the CORD banner, Odinga was the presidential candidate while Kalonzo was the running mate.
The two, however, lost to the Uhuru-Ruto faction with Odinga receiving 43.31 per cent of the total vote cast, coming in second place.
Uhuru on the other hand received 50.07 per cent of the votes and was declared the eventual winner after surpassing the constitutional set 50 per cent plus one vote threshold.
Kalonzo and Raila challenged Uhuru’s victory at the Supreme Court citing irregularities in the election but their petition was thrown out by the court under the Chief Justice Willy Mutunga.
Moses Kuria justifying the move to approach Kalonzo stated that every region is pushing to have representation in government.
The outspoken lawmaker maintained that the recent push by Mt Kenya leaders to receive 40 per cent of the government’s share is within the law.
However, Kuria maintained his hard stance that he will not break his political party to join one Mt Kenya unity party being pushed by some legislators.
“I will never break my party, it is my guarantor that I will not suffer the betrayal of MoU’s,” Kuria maintained.
Moses Kuria further revealed that his last time to speak to the President was in 2019.
“The last time I spoke to the President was three years ago. But there are some people who have even never spoken to the president even three years ago is a privilege.”
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (34,498)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (18,958)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (8,787)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,193)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (6,994)