Followers of Deputy President William Ruto and former Prime Minister Raila Odinga were on Sunday, September 26, treated to a rather unusual coincidence.
This is after the two leaders, who have for a long time been on opposite sides of the political divide read from the same book for the first time.
Raila and Ruto quoted the same bible verse after attending different church services on the same day in different locations. The DP and the Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) party leader Raila Odinga both quoted Psalms 33.
Ruto first shared the verse and images of him attending a thanksgiving church service at A.I.P.C.A. St. Lorent Angaine Church-Timau, Meru County at 1.20 pm.
“Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! — Psalm 133,” read the tweet by the DP.
The former Premier, shared the same bible verse, alongside a video of him addressing the congregation at PCEA Nanyuki at about 2.42 pm. However, his post had an addition.
“Happy to fellowship with the congregants at PCEA Nanyuki, Laikipia County. We pray for the health and well-being of all Kenyans and ask God to bless our nation and keep us united,” read the sweet by the handshake partner.
Kenyans on social media could not let the coincidence get past them.
The majority of them set aside political differences and marvelled at the idea, terming it as a timely coincidence given the rising political temperatures in the country.
Others, however, accused the politicians of copying each other
In addition, the conversation of the ban by the Archbishop of the Anglican Church Jackson Ole Sapit barring politicians from the pulpit resurfaced.
Raila and Ruto have had a go at each other during political campaigns as they try to sell their ideas to the population. While raiding each others’ bases, the two leaders have not resisted poking holes at the others ideologies.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (34,598)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (19,138)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (8,857)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,226)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (7,038)