Director of Quorandum Limited Mukuria Ngamau has been fined KSh 720.8millon in default to serve 27 years in jail for defrauding Youth Enterprise Development Fund Ksh 180 Million seven years ago
This after Milimani Chief Magistrate Douglas Ogoti found Ngamau and his firm guilty and convicted them in five counts of conspiracy to commit an economic crime, unlawful acquisition of public property and making false documents.
The magistrate however, order Ngamau trading firm Quorandum Ltd to compesate the Youth Fund Enterprises Sh 180,364,789 being the amount that was lost.
Ngamau has been found guilty that between diverse dates between November 17,2014 and May 4,2015 within Nairobi county jointly with his company conspired to commit an economic crime namely disposal of public property through lawful payment of Sh 180,364,789from the youth enterprises Development fund to his company for services not rendered
Ogoti while passing sentence dismissed the businessman request for none custodial sentence saying that the sentenced is dectated by Anti-Corruption and Economic Crimes.
The 48 year old trader has sought for linient sentence saying that he had just recorded covid-19, he a father and a bread winner to his family.
But the Prosecution through Eva Kanyuira had opposed the request by Ngamau for non-custodial sentence saying the offences facing the accused are serious following the monies that was looted from public confers.
She urged the court to pass sentence that is dictated by Aceca.
Ngamau had been charged alongside his wife Doreen Waithera put was acquitted from the case after she entered into a plea bargaining with the DPP.
The couple, their firm had also been charged together with the youth Fund CEO Catherine Namuye but passed on when the trial was pending in court.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (34,496)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (18,954)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (8,785)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,192)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (6,993)