Alphonsius Ikem took it upon himself to be maintaining a bad road at Oyigbo in Rivers State and has been diligent with his work for 7 years running.
Thanks to Ikem’s kind gesture, users of the road have less to worry about when plying the route described as one of the worst in the state when it rains.
According to Gist Ville, Ikem does the road maintenance work with assistance from two other persons without any remuneration attached.
The man said money appreciative road users gift him is used in getting stones and paying the persons who work with him.
Ikem could be seen in one of the photos shared on social media rocking a road worker apparatus.
He (along with his co-workers) maintain the road by clearing the drainage system for easy passage of water and filling potholes with stones.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (34,559)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (19,057)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (8,827)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,218)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (7,017)