Radio Jambo presenter Daniel Mwangi (Mbusi) has spoken on turning down an offer from Royal Media Services (RMS) station Radio Citizen.
In an interview with Kiss FM presenter Jalang’o, Mbusi stated that he was approached by the RMS station while he was working at Ghetto Radio.
Mbusi added that he met Radio Citizen management where they discussed contract length, salary demands and other clauses.
The meeting was fruitful and Mbusi was set to join Radio Citizen but he changed his mind after thinking through the job offer.
“My friends advised me that the switch was suicidal as Ghetto Radio was the best station and it was considered my home.
“Others told me to join Radio Citizen as it was the best decision to make then. I was confused. I sat down and meditated and declined to join the RMS station,” Mbusi disclosed how his friends’ advice influenced his decision.
However, a few months later, he received a call from Shaffie Weru – then working at Radio Africa Group – who asked him to join Radio Jambo.
“I actually thought I was joining Kiss FM. I asked presenter Bonoko to go with me but he declined.
“My co-host Liondee did and we have built a brand together at Radio Jambo,” Mbusi stated. The two host the reggae show Mbusii Na Lion Teke Teke from 3 pm to 7 pm.
In a previous interview with Churchill comedian Mc Jessy, Mbusi refuted reports alleging that he was earning over Ksh750,000, adding that the figures were cooked.
On Monday, November 25, 2019, the presenter was crowned the Best African Act/On-Air (TV/Radio) Personality of the Year 2019 in an event held in Accra, Ghana.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (35,780)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (20,396)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (9,434)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,695)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (7,318)