Former Prime Minister Raila Amollo Odinga on Saturday October 2, 2021 assured Bungoma county residents that fuel prices will fall by next week.
Raila who was speaking at a road stopover in Bungoma town, stated that the government was working on reducing fuel prices after a recent public outcry. He did not however state how the government was set to achieve the goal.
“Fuel prices will drop by next week. Do you understand?” he said.
His statement comes before the October 14 review on fuel prices by the Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA).
The regulatory body received nationwide criticism last month after it announced a rise in fuel prices. The body announced an increase in prices of petrol, diesel and kerosene by Ksh7.58, Ksh7.94 and Ksh12.97 per litre respectively.
Raila further absolved himself from claims that he had abandoned the Western region that has been his political bastion in his past stabs at the presidency.
Residents of the region have recently accused him of directing government perks to his backyard in Nyanza and alienating them. In his defense, the former premier stated that part of the projects that Uhuru launched in the Nyanza region were set to benefit the entire Western Kenya region.
Raila, while fingering the recently launched Kisumu port and the refurbished Kisumu-Butere railway, stated that residents of the vast Western Kenya region stood an equal chance of drawing benefits from the State projects regardless of their location.
“The port could only be built in Kisumu because there is no lake in Bungoma or Kakamega. It was constructed by colonialists many decades ago,” a boxed Raila said.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (35,791)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (20,408)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (9,444)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,700)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (7,321)