Report coming in from Nigeria indicates that a suspected thief who was given a hot chase by two men plunged into a river and was never to be seen again.
Worst, the two men who pursued him also drowned as of press time, they have not been found dead or alive. It was gathered that the incident happened on Saturday afternoon, October 2, as the two men pursued the thief, who later jumped into the Amilengbe river to escape being caught.
An account given by an eyewitness to the Nigerian Tribune recalled that it was the shout of thief!’, ‘thief!!’ that drew the attention of some of the people who gathered at a welder shop close to the river.
“Suddenly, the alleged thief jumped into the river and started swimming before the two people that were chasing him jumped after him. But after a while, we didn’t see any trace of them again. We became agitated after more than 30 minutes before we decided to inform officials of the State Fire service for help.”
The HOD, Media and Publicity, Kwara State Fire Service, Hassan Adekunle, confirmed the incident saying;
“We learnt the suspect stole from those Igbo traders around Amilengbe and jumped into the river when he got to the bridge. But up till now after several hours of search, we have not seen any of their traces whether they are dead or alive.”
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (34,494)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (18,951)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (8,783)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,192)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (6,993)