Akon has defended himself after he received backlash for suggesting that poor people have much easier lives than the rich and famous.
After the death of his friend, Michael K Wiliams, Akon told TMZ that that actor’s death proves the rich and famous struggle more than the poor (read here).
In a more recent interview with TMZ, he addressed the criticisms he received for his statement that “more money” equals “more problems”.
Akon said: “It’s not really more so a walk back, but what I do want to express is that sometimes when comments like that are made—I always speak according to what I’m personally going through myself.
“Nobody can sit there and tell me I didn’t go through poverty.
“I’m having more problems successfully dealing with all that comes with success than I had when I was poor. I was actually happier when I was poor.”
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (35,203)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (19,768)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (9,134)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,436)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (7,167)