A 45-Year-old primary school teacher has been sentenced to serve 20 years in prison for defiling a 13-year-old student in 2016.
While passing the sentence Senior principal magistrate David Ndugi slapped the teacher with the sentence saying its the minimum sentence for such an offence as provided by the law.
“The accused is a teacher but he defiled a child, the right of his children are not superior to that of the child he defiled, I hereby sentenced him to 20 years in prison as provided by law,” the magistrate ruled.
The teacher Fredrick Mwangi Wango was charged that on March 2016 at Mathare Estate in Nairobi within Nairobi county defiled the said student who was in standard 6 at Moi primary school whom he accommodated in his house.
According to the police report, the father of the complainant who was too drunk left her under the care of Mwangi who is a married man with two children for half a year.
The girl was then admitted to Moi Primary School in standard six but would leave school to go to Mwangi’s house.
“She was taken to two different schools but would always go back to Mwangi’s house making us suspicious,” part of the police report read.
More speculations prompted an interrogation by gender and children desk officers to establish whether there was any relationship between her and Mwangi but she denied it.
The officers sought help from police officers who escorted the girl to the hospital for check-up and was later subjected to vigorous counselling before she opened up.
She stated that Mwangi had been sexually violating her since she started living with him in his house threatening her not to disclose.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (35,195)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (19,762)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (9,130)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,435)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (7,167)