Fans of Nollywood veteran, Chiwetalu Agu, as well as other Nigerians who had heaved a sigh of relief that he has been released are now disturbed by the latest development of his case.
The filmmaker was arrested on October 7, by soldiers in Onitsha for wearing an outfit that carried the Biafran flag.
The lawyer also condemned the “inhumane treatment and degradation” of veteran actor, Chiwetalu Agu, by security agencies, saying the actor has not been granted access to his lawyers.
Shortly after securing his release on Friday, October 9, from the Nigerian Army, where he spent one night on Thursday, veteran Nollywood actor Chiwetalu Agu is said to have been arrested by the men of the Department of State Services (DSS).
The AGN president, Emeka Rollas, made this known in a phone conversation with The Punch correspondent on Friday.
A Nigerian writer, Mazi Nwonwu, in a Facebook post of Friday, October 8, claimed that the veteran actor is yet to be free but in the custody of the DSS.
He further said that his colleagues were searching for a top lawyer to bail him.
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (34,490)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (18,947)
- Corona Virus To End May 29th, Says Indian Boy Who… March 27, 2020 On August 22nd 2019, on his YouTube channel conscience, 14… (8,782)
- Kenyans React After Suspicious Portrait Is Spotted… September 1, 2020 There was mixed reaction on social media platform after Kenyans… (7,192)
- REVEALED: US may have brought Coronavirus to… March 13, 2020 A Chinese official has suggested that the US army may… (6,990)