ODM Leader Raila Odinga has been massively welcomed by a sea of humanity in Eldoret town, Uasin Gishu county.
The former premier is currently on a tour of the region that has been perceived as the bastion of Deputy President William Ruto.
Raila commenced his tour with an engagement with leaders drawn from counties of the North and the South Rift.
Hosted by Elgeyo Marakwet governor Alex Tolgos among other notable leaders, the 2022 presidential hopeful sought to woo residents and leaders of the region that massively voted for him in 2007.
Raila sought to absolve himself from accusations that he abandoned the region after he entered the grand coalition government with his erstwhile opponent Mwai Kibaki.
In his 2022 promises for the region, the ODM leader promised to breath life to defunct industries and factories that used to control the economy of the vast Rift Valley region.
“This region is the granary of Kenya, most of the nation’s food come from here. You have talked about wheat, cotton, maize, milk, tea and cotton. Our farming industry has been hardly hit because of the high cost of production and inputs. I will focus on reducing the cost of seeds and fertilizers to revive farming,” he said.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,288)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (23,927)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,062)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,639)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (10,944)