Churchill show Cartoon comedian whose real name is Vanessa Akinyi was forced to apologize after an online joke struck the wrong chord with her fans.
Netizens furiously called her out over her dark joke in a compilation of a small skit depicting life in the gulf with a character named ‘Matilda’.
After facing major pushback in the comment section and a couple of eviscerating replies, the comedienne wrote them back, saying sorry before deleting the video
“This is the reason why you wasted your data making such content. Do you think anyone can wake up pack direct to gulf to do nothing? Respect our brothers and sisters in the diaspora. I think they follow you the most. Let me remind you #cartoon, they will make it, they will win. They are not victims but Victors. Remember nothing is permanent,” a Facebook user identified as Lillian Babie wrote.
In her defence, Cartoon said the skit was meant for a ‘dark humour’ and even wrote a disclaimer.
“Sorry for those who got offended. It was dark humour. It had a disclaimer on it and that is why I did not share it on my other social media pages. The TikTok page that shared the video isn’t even mine. However, I am sorry to those who were affected,” she wrote.
VIDEO: JULIUS MALEMA says White people must Apologise to Black South Africans
- Top Kenyan Scientist Unveils ARV Drug to be Used Once a Year April 28, 2020 A US-based Kenyan scientist has unveiled the world's first antiretroviral… (39,276)
- Mortuary man narrates how food vendors and… March 12, 2020 A mortuary man has narrated how some food vendors and … (23,906)
- Jalango finally forgives a boy who… November 6, 2021 Jalango has finally forgiven Upcoming artiste Vincent Mboya,a boy who… (16,055)
- Black couple gave birth to a “miracle… November 2, 2021 When white baby Nmachi Ihegboro with blonde hair and blue… (15,632)
- From a banker to a prisoner~Story of George Juma October 23, 2021 Every person is afforded a once in a lifetime opportunity… (10,919)